Next Race

* Next Race: 08/03/2013 - NJ Warrior Dash (Info)

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

09/09/2012 - South Nyack 10 Miler



Race Date: Sunday September 9th, 2012
Race Name: 24th Annual South Nyack Ten Miler
Race Price: $30
Race Description: USATF-Certified 10 miles on scenic out/back along the Hudson River. Begins and ends at Franklin Street Park. 'Runs' from South Nyack down to Piermont and out onto the mile-long Piermont Pier, turnaround is at the end of the pier.
Race Location: Franklin Street Park, Nyack, NY
  
Race Distance: 10 miles
Distance Traveled: 56 miles

Race Time: 8:30 am
Weather: Mostly Sunny

Swag: T-Shirt
Food & Drink: Water | Fruit | Bagels | Gatorade
Number of Participants: 369
Results: http://www.rocklandroadrunners.org/races/SN10/SN10results2012.html
Official Race Pictures: http://www.backprint.com/view_user_event.asp?PID=bp%18%7CD&EVENTID=98329&PWD=0&LAST=Regan&BIB=3387

My Results
Time: 1:17:42.90
Pace: 7:46
Place: 60 of 369
Men (Age 30-34): 5 of 23





Personal Race Info
Pre-Run: 2 Tums
                 Salt Stick Plus Pill
                 Gatorade w/ Chia Seeds
                 Gu Gel

During-Run: Water
                        Gu Gel

    After the Spartan Race yesterday I was wondering what the hell I was thinking doing this. After the debacle of getting to the race yesterday I was taking no chance and definitely made sure I had the right directions and plenty of time. I got to the race more than an hour early, got a parking spot, and walked over to the race start area. I checked in and got my shirt and bib and started to prepare. I jogged around a bit to warm up.
    My friend Daren was doing the race so I was looking around for him. Hung out and talked to him while he stretched and then headed off to the start line. I was planning on taking it somewhat easy because of the race yesterday. The first few miles I felt tight and didn't think I was going to do well but around mile 6 I actually started to loosen up and feel good. The first half of the race was mostly downhill which meant the second half would be back uphill. The first major hill came around 8.4 miles in and the second at around 9. I do typically do better on uphill sections but these were definitely killer on the legs. I did have enough to sprint out the last couple hundred feet.
    Overall I was pretty happy with my results especially with two 10 mile runs in two days. I waited by the finish line for Daren to come through and went over to meet him. We then went back and waited for his friend to come through. In the meantime I noticed an ex-girlfriend run by so I figured I would go over and talk to her. Definitely didn't feel too awkward and it was nice to catch up.
    I liked this race and would probably do it again. Maybe not after a tough race like a Spartan the day before. I ended up taking some pictures before I left.


No comments:

Post a Comment